개인정보처리방침 및 이용약관
1. General Provisions
2. Consent to the Collection of Personal Information
3. Personal Information Being Collected and the Purpose of Its Use
"Personal information" refers to any information that relates to a living individual, which can be used to identify the individual by the name, mobile phone number, or any other information (including any information that alone cannot be used to identify a person, but may be combined with other information to identify the person). Most services are offered without individual user registration processes. However, the “Company” collects and uses the personal information of users for the following purposes to provide better quality services, including services customized to users through membership services:
- Information collected: name, name of company/organization, position/title, name of division, email, and contact
- Purpose of use: to provide technical support and consultation including price consultation for the products, solutions, and services of the “Company” and respond to inquiries about general matters related to the business of the “Company”, etc.
In addition, the “Company” uses collected personal information for marketing and advertising purposes in relation to its provision of services
4. Personal Information Being Collected and Method of Collection
When a user registers as a member to use services provided within the website, the “Company” asks the user to provide the information required to use such services online.
The “Company” may selectively request users to provide personal information that corresponds to ‘Information Being Collected’ under “3. Personal Information Being Collected and the Purpose of Its Use” for statistical analysis during surveys or events, or for giving away prizes. However, the “Company” does not collect sensitive personal information that may infringe upon users' basic human rights (race, ethnicity, ideology, creed, place of birth, legal domicile, political orientation, criminal record, health status, sexual life, etc.), and when such information needs to be collected inevitably, the “Company” must get prior consent from users. In addition, under no circumstances should the “Company” use the collected information for purposes other than those disclosed in advance, or disclose or leak the information to a third party without prior consent from users.
5. Protection of Personal Information of Non-Members
The “Company” also allows non-members to use the services provided by the website. In such a case, the “Company” requires non-members to provide only the mandatory personal information required to use the services provided by the website.
6. Installation and Operation of and Refusal to Devices that Automatically Collect Personal Information, such as Internet Access Information Files
The “Company” uses the method of sessions, which store and fetch user information from time to time to provide more personalized services.
- What are sessions?
With sessions, the server used to operate the website stores user information on the server during the time the user is signed in. All session information is automatically deleted when the user signs out.
- Installation/Operation and Refusal to Sessions
Users do not have any choice regarding the installation of sessions. Sessions are automatically created in the operating server of the website for services that require sign-in. In addition, browser cookies are used when processing carts and recently viewed products.
- What are cookies?
- How to opt out
- Internet Explorer: At the top of the web browser, go to Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Settings
- Chrome: On the top right side of the web browser, go to Settings > Display Advanced Settings at the bottom > Privacy content settings button > Cookies
However, opting out of cookie installation may cause inconvenience when using the website or some services that require sign-in.
- Managing cookies
The “Company” manages cookies for the convenience of users. The information the “Company” collects through cookies is limited to recently viewed products of the “Company”, and does not include anything else. The information the “Company” collects through cookies is used for the following purpose:
- To provide customized information according to personal interests.
Cookies expire upon signing out or closing the browser.
7. Share and Provision of Collected Personal Information
“Company" uses users' personal information only within the scope specified in "3. Personal Information Being Collected and the Purpose of Its Use”, and shall not use it outside such a scope or disclose it to a third party without user's prior consent. However, exceptions are made in the following cases:
- In the case users have provided prior consent to disclosure
- In the case it is apparently difficult to obtain general consent due to economic and technical reasons, In the case of personal information required to fulfill the terms of service provision
- In the case it is required to settle charges according to the provision of services
- In the case there are sufficient grounds to believe that personal information should be disclosed to take legal action against mental and material harm to others while using the services of the “Company”
- In any other cases deemed required by law (e.g., in the case there is a request from the government/investigation agency through due process in accordance with relevant laws, etc.)
- In the case personal information is provided to advertisers, partners, or research organizations in a form that cannot identify specific individuals for statistics, academic research, or market research.
8. Access to and Revision and Deletion of Personal Information
Users may access or revise any required information stored by the “Company” at any time. In addition, all additional information other than the information required at the time of registration may be accessed, revised, or deleted at any time. Revising or deleting personal information as well as withdrawing user membership may be processed by contacting the administrator through 'Contact Us' on the Company's website or via email at "firstname.lastname@example.org".
9. Period of Retention and Use of Personal Information
The “Company” continues to retain and use personal information of users to provide services for the period during which the users use the services of the “Company” on its website. However, when personal information is, according to “8. Access to and Revision and Deletion of Personal Information”, deleted or revised directly by the user or upon membership withdrawal, it should be deleted permanently from the disk in a manner that prevents reproduction, access, or use in the future. In addition, personal information collected for temporary purposes as specified under “4. Personal Information Being Collected and Method of Its Collection” (surveys, events, identity verification, etc.) is processed in the identical manner once its purpose has been achieved so that post-reproduction is no longer possible. In principle, personal information of users is destroyed as follows when the purpose of its collection or provision is achieved. In addition, the "Company" stores personal information for a certain period of time as stipulated by relevant laws and regulations, in the case this is required by the provisions of related laws, such as the Commercial Act or the Act on the Consumer Protection in the Electronic Commerce Transactions, etc. In such a case, the “Company” shall use the stored information only for the purpose of retention, and the period of retention shall be as follows:
- Records on display/advertisement: 6 months
- Records on contract or subscription withdrawal: 5 years
- Records on payment and supply of goods: 5 years
- Records on consumer complaints or dispute resolution: 3 years
- Records of website visits: 3 months
The “Company” securely processes valuable information of users, and destroys it using the following methods to prevent leakage. Personal information printed on paper is destroyed by shredding or incinerating. Personal information stored in electronic files is deleted using a technical method that disables reproduction.
Personal information of members who have not signed in to the serviced website (e.g. PC/mobile web, app) for more than a year is stored and processed separately following the ‘Valid Period of Personal Information’ of the “Company”.
10. Protection of Posts
The "Company" values the user's posts and does its utmost to protect them from falsification, damage, or deletion. However, exceptions are made in the following cases:
- Spam posts (e.g. lucky letter, 800 million email, ads for certain websites)
- Posts that defame others by disseminating false information for the purpose of slandering others
- Posts that infringe on other people’s rights, such as copyright, or deviate from the topic of the thread
- In order to ensure pleasant use for all users, the “Company” may delete or modify certain parts of posts with signs when personal information of others is exposed without consent.
- When the topic of posts is deemed to be more suitable for other threads and thus moved to a different thread, the redirection is disclosed to avoid any misunderstanding.
- In other cases, posts may be deleted after an explicit or individual warning.
Fundamentally, all rights and responsibilities related to a post rest with the individual writer of the post. In addition, caution should be taken before disclosing information as that is voluntarily disclosed through posts may not be protected.
11. Consignment of Collected Personal Information
When necessary, the “Company” may consign the collection, processing, management, etc. of personal information to a third party under legal prerequisites, such as consent, to ensure better services. The “Company” consigns the following work in relation to the processing of personal information, and stipulates prerequisites in accordance with relevant laws and regulations so that personal information may be safely protected for the consignment contract. In addition, consigned information is limited to the minimum information necessary to achieve the purpose.
- Consignee: Stibee Co., Ltd.
- Consigned work: sending marketing emails and analyzing newsletter subscriber data
The “Company” processes personal information of users within the scope stipulated under “3. Personal Information Being Collected and Purpose of Its Use”, and does not provide it to a third party without prior consent of users. However, exceptions are made in the following cases:
- In the case users have provided prior consent
- In the case it is required by provisions of laws and regulations, or when there is a request from an investigation agency in accordance with the procedures and methods stipulated in the laws.
- In the case of consigning or providing the processing of personal information, the “Company” shall notify the consignee, scope of consigned work, scope of shared information to users in advance in writing or via the means of email, phone, or website announcement.
12. Rights and Obligations of Users
Users shall provide accurate and up-to-date personal information in order to prevent any unexpected accidents Users are responsible for any accidents caused by inaccurate information they provided. Membership may be forfeited from those users who provided false information, including stolen personal information of others. Users have the right to have their personal information protected and the obligation to protect themselves while not infringing on the information of others. Users must take caution not to expose their personal information, including passwords, or compromise personal information of others. Users who compromise information and damage dignity of others by failing to abide by this obligation may be subject to punishment under the 「Personal Information Protection Act」 and 「Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection, etc.」.
13. Collecting Voices of Users and Handling Complaints Related to Personal Information
The “Company” listens to the voice of users with regards to protecting their personal information, and has set in place all procedures and methods necessary to process relevant complaints. Users may report complaints by phone or email by referring to the "14. Personal Information Protection Administrators" specified below, to which the “Company” shall provide a prompt and sufficient response.
14. Personal Information Protection Administrators
The “Company” does its utmost to ensure users access useful information as safely as possible. Personal information protection administrators are responsible for accidents that happen contrary to the provisions designated to protect personal information. However, "Company" is not responsible for damage to information due to unexpected accidents that occur despite technical and administrative supplementary measures, including those caused by intrinsic network risks (e.g. hacking) or various disputes caused by posts written by users. In addition, users are responsible for safely protecting their IDs and passwords. Under no circumstance does the “Company” ask users directly for their passwords, and users must take much caution not to expose their passwords. Users must take extra caution when connecting online in public places. The contact information of personal information protection administrators designated by the “Company”, who is in charge of collecting and processing voices and complaints related to personal information, is as follows.
- Names: Park Moonwon, Shim Hyojoon
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 02-553-2171
The “Company” believes that it is important to protect the personal information of children under the age of 14 in online environments. The “Company” restricts children under 14 from signing up for the membership without the consent of their legal guardian. Therefore, children under 14 must get the consent of their legal guardian to be able to enjoy member-exclusive services of the “Company”.
16. Obligation to Notify